21 Nov Support the LA River on #GivingTuesday
- • Share our #GivingTuesday posts with your social media networks
- • Post an #UnSelfie sharing WHY you are supporting FoLAR
- • Give generously to FoLAR today or on November 29th
Because of our community, we are thankful to have accomplished so much in the past year:
- • Campaigned to successfully pass Measures M, A and Proposition HHH on Election Day 2016.
- • Alternative 20, the plan to restore 11 miles of River from Griffith Park to Downtown, was unanimously approved by the City Council.
- • We had our most successful Great LA River CleanUp yet. More than 9,000 volunteers pulled a whopping 70 tons of trash from the River!
- • We took our mobile River museum, the Los Angeles River Rover, to more schools and events than ever.
- • Our Source to Sea school programs continued to wow neighborhood kids and teachers alike!
- • We’re learning more about the River’s ecosystem than ever before through our citizen science programs and formal Fish Studies.
- • The Frog Spot, our seasonal River-side café and visitor center, had its most vibrant season yet, with over 12,000 visitors!
Your support is crucial to not only keep these programs up and running, but expand our offerings to meet the River’s evolving needs in 2017 and beyond.