By Harold Chattaway, Randy Pearson, Whil Hentzen, Barbara Peisch
An educational for rookies and a reference for knowledgeable clients, that includes step by step directions for utilizing net Connection in a day by day demeanour as a developer, this ebook bargains a number of improvement possible choices according to the clients sort. verified are the construction of 2 varied functions, one effortless, and another advanced and approximately two-dozen trouble-shooting steps in case of difficulties. additionally defined is the infrastructure of the web and, in particular, net functions. as soon as builders are cozy development and deploying an software they're then proven how one can benefit from extra complicated framework positive aspects equivalent to File-based as opposed to COM configuration, extending the framework, facts access utilizing item orientated concepts, and asynchronous purposes.
Read or Download Webrad: Building Database Applications on the Web with Visual FoxPro and Web Connection PDF
Best networking: internet books
I purchased this ebook according to the raving experiences I learn on Amazon from different clients, but if I got it i discovered a few significant concerns. This booklet is a real and utter unhappiness for any intermediate or low-intermediate fashion designer.
- This publication is very, super superseded. many of the layout guidance date again to the time whilst IE five. five and six have been the innovative, and the examples are aimed toward IE and Netscape Navigator clients! consequently, the information & options are nearly lifeless now that IE 7 is commonplace, IE eight at the horizon, and FFox three approximately to be published.
- This booklet is full of statements reminiscent of "PNG-8 and PNG-24 codecs have only in the near past got complete help from the main used-browsers, Netscape Navigator 6 and net Explorer 5"(pg 290). that is how previous this book's counsel are.
DO purchase This booklet. ..
- when you've got by no means equipped an online web page before
- if you'd like the fundamentals to construct a private website, a pastime online page, a static website with lower than 10 pages and no performance except a mailto form.
- if you happen to do not brain construction your website for basically for IE users.
- if you happen to do not brain your online page taking a look just like the Geocities websites of again in 1999.
DO now not purchase This Book.
- if you happen to know the way to variety a paragraph utilizing CSS.
- when you've got ever used an editor like Dreamweaver, or Adobe Golive, or perhaps FrontPage.
- if you would like a website with any kind of interactive performance like wikis, blogs, dialogue forums, etc.
- when you are conscious that the area has moved on from Netscape Navigator 6.
In precis, i discovered this booklet to be an enormous pile of garbage. sooner or later, i might strongly suggest by no means purchasing an internet layout publication that has been released greater than 1 or max 2 years ahead of your real date. Its 2008, do not buy something written ahead of 2006 with a view to study uncomplicated website design. you are going to turn out wasting precious time, as I did.
Additional resources for Webrad: Building Database Applications on the Web with Visual FoxPro and Web Connection
Well, technically, it’s not that “nothing” happens—rather, it’s that you don’t get the page you wanted. Often you’ll get a “Page not found” response in your browser. Here are some things to check. First, is your Web server software (IIS or PWS) running? You can check whether your Web site server is running in IIS by clicking on Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Computer Management, and then drilling down into the Services and Applications node, to the Internet Information Services node, and seeing what the status of your Web site node is (in the “State” column in the right pane), as shown in Figure 30.
PRG named L_GOFOX. Now, back to the menu call for each menu bar. prg with prompt() As you can see, the L_GOFOX routine is passed the prompt of the menu bar as a parameter. 4. t. The previous listing shows two examples of how this subroutine works. The first sets up Web Connection if you click on the Web Connect menu option under the Dev 24 WebRAD: Building Database Applications on the Web menu pad. It changes the default directory to \WCONNECT, and then sets up the path. Finally, it runs WCSTART, which adds the Web Connection menu to the VFP system menu.
In your system menu add-on, create a second menu pad that displays all of the VFP projects that you’re working on, and from that menu pad, call a program that switches to those projects and sets your paths and any other settings as you need. You could even data-drive this so that when you add new apps, you just add a row to a table instead of recompiling. Here’s the nuts and bolts of one way to do this. First, set up VFP to start in the root of drive D (use the Start In text box of the Properties dialog of your shortcut on the Windows desktop).