By Health and Human Services Dept. (U.S.)
Read or Download Research-Based Web Design & Usability Guidelines PDF
Best networking: internet books
I purchased this e-book in accordance with the raving reports I learn on Amazon from different clients, but if I acquired it i discovered a few significant concerns. This ebook is a real and utter unhappiness for any intermediate or low-intermediate clothier.
- This booklet is intensely, tremendous outmoded. many of the layout guidance date again to the time while IE five. five and six have been the leading edge, and the examples are geared toward IE and Netscape Navigator clients! for this reason, the ideas & ideas are nearly dead now that IE 7 is usual, IE eight at the horizon, and FFox three approximately to be published.
- This ebook is stuffed with statements reminiscent of "PNG-8 and PNG-24 codecs have just recently acquired complete aid from the main used-browsers, Netscape Navigator 6 and net Explorer 5"(pg 290). that is how previous this book's counsel are.
DO purchase This e-book. ..
- when you have by no means outfitted an internet web page before
- if you'd like the fundamentals to construct a private website, a pastime web content, a static web site with under 10 pages and no performance except a mailto form.
- when you do not brain development your web site for essentially for IE users.
- in the event you do not brain your website having a look just like the Geocities websites of again in 1999.
DO no longer purchase This Book.
- in case you understand how to type a paragraph utilizing CSS.
- when you have ever used an editor like Dreamweaver, or Adobe Golive, or maybe FrontPage.
- if you would like a domain with any kind of interactive performance like wikis, blogs, dialogue forums, etc.
- while you are acutely aware that the area has moved on from Netscape Navigator 6.
In precis, i discovered this e-book to be a huge pile of garbage. sooner or later, i might strongly suggest by no means deciding to buy an internet layout publication that has been released greater than 1 or max 2 years sooner than your real date. Its 2008, do not buy whatever written ahead of 2006 to be able to research easy website design. you will prove squandering precious time, as I did.
Extra resources for Research-Based Web Design & Usability Guidelines
2002; United States Government, 1998. S. * Regardless Federal Web sites must adhere to all Section 508 guidelines (see Guideline 3:1). R e s e a r c h - B a s e d We b D e s i g n & U s a b i l i t y G u i d e l i n e s Accessibility Guideline: If a Web site is being designed for 23 Accessibility 24 3:3 Do Not Use Color Alone to Convey Information Guideline: Ensure that all information conveyed with Relative Importance: * color is also available without color. Comments: Never use color as the only indicator for Strength of Evidence: critical activities.
Example: This site, when rendered on a Macintosh, falls apart (right). The website should display properly on all platforms, as it does below when rendered on a PC. Research-Ba s e d We b D e s i g n & U s a b i l i t y G u i d e l i n e s See page xxii for detailed descriptions of the rating scales Relative Importance: Guideline: Do not assume that all users will have Strength of Evidence: the same browser features, and will have set the same defaults. Comments: Users with visual impairments tend to select larger fonts, and some users may turn off backgrounds, use fewer colors, or overrides font.
Designers must ensure that redundant text links are provided for each active region of a server-side image map. Sources: United States Government, 1998. 3:10 Synchronize Multimedia Elements Guideline: To ensure accessibility, provide equivalent alternatives for multimedia elements that are synchronized. , a movie or animation), synchronize captions or auditory descriptions of the visual track with the presentation. Sources: Ahlstrom and Longo, 2001; Chisholm, Vanderheiden and Jacobs, 1999b; Galitz, 2002; Mayhew, 1992; United States Government, 1998.