By Yuli Vasiliev
According to the name, the ebook has such a lot of issues to debate however it truly has under four hundred pages that even comprise the word list of phrases. The reader may have a moment considered the publication because it would possibly not promise to debate the issues written within the chapter.
But in the event you wade through the chapters, you can be shocked how each one subject will be mentioned completely during this booklet. utilizing the conventional buildings in so much net and alertness improvement books, it slowly introduces every one thought earlier than they're introduced jointly within the ultimate chapters.
PHP and Oracle are mentioned individually at the beginning with pattern codes and events to make sure that the reader is familiar with each one suggestion. It then is going to debate who they can be successfully built-in. the ultimate bankruptcy that's approximately Ajax is especially extraordinary because it provides the builders an opportunity to advance an Ajax dependent software utilizing well known practices in net improvement. The robustness of Oracle and potency of Hypertext Preprocessor is de facto proven in an Ajax established application.
PHP Oracle net improvement: information processing, safety, Caching, XML, internet companies, and Ajax is an effective beginning e-book for any net improvement pros and lovers. It covers the fundamentals of net improvement utilizing personal home page and database administration of Oracle together with an install advisor for Oracle and Hypertext Preprocessor. when you are trying to find a ebook firstly personal home page and Oracle, this publication bargains an outstanding commence.
For builders who're skilled during this self-discipline, the e-book can be a strong reference element for constructing an software. The pattern codes that is helping the reader is aware the underlying inspiration of the appliance with real situations, this personal home page and Oracle publication is sort of too stable to move on.
Read Online or Download PHP Oracle Web Development: Data processing, Security, Caching, XML, Web Services, and Ajax: A practical guide to combining the power, performance, scalability, ... time, and high performance of PHP PDF
Similar networking: internet books
I purchased this ebook in response to the raving stories I learn on Amazon from different clients, but if I bought it i discovered a few significant concerns. This e-book is a real and utter unhappiness for any intermediate or low-intermediate clothier.
- This e-book is intensely, super outmoded. many of the layout guidance date again to the time while IE five. five and six have been the innovative, and the examples are geared toward IE and Netscape Navigator clients! therefore, the ideas & innovations are nearly lifeless now that IE 7 is regular, IE eight at the horizon, and FFox three approximately to be published.
- This e-book is stuffed with statements akin to "PNG-8 and PNG-24 codecs have only in the near past acquired complete help from the main used-browsers, Netscape Navigator 6 and web Explorer 5"(pg 290). that is how outdated this book's suggestions are.
DO purchase This ebook. ..
- when you have by no means equipped an internet web page before
- if you'd like the fundamentals to construct a private web content, a pastime website, a static website with under 10 pages and no performance except a mailto form.
- when you do not brain construction your web site for basically for IE users.
- in the event you do not brain your online page taking a look just like the Geocities websites of again in 1999.
DO now not purchase This Book.
- when you understand how to variety a paragraph utilizing CSS.
- in case you have ever used an editor like Dreamweaver, or Adobe Golive, or perhaps FrontPage.
- if you would like a domain with any type of interactive performance like wikis, blogs, dialogue forums, etc.
- while you are acutely aware that the realm has moved on from Netscape Navigator 6.
In precis, i discovered this booklet to be an immense pile of garbage. sooner or later, i might strongly suggest by no means purchasing an online layout e-book that has been released greater than 1 or max 2 years sooner than your genuine date. Its 2008, do not buy something written ahead of 2006 so one can examine simple website design. you will turn out squandering precious time, as I did.
Extra info for PHP Oracle Web Development: Data processing, Security, Caching, XML, Web Services, and Ajax: A practical guide to combining the power, performance, scalability, ... time, and high performance of PHP
One of these functions is oci_fetch_array. "
"; For further discussion on OCI8 fetch functions, see Chapter 2 PHP and Oracle Connection. Summary If you have made up your mind to take advantage of the capabilities that the PHP/ Oracle combination provides, the first obvious step is to make sure that you have PHP and Oracle database software installed and working properly. This chapter in conjunction with Appendix A Installing PHP and Oracle Software takes you through the basics of getting your PHP/Oracle development environment installed and configured.
When your application runs into a problem that is beyond its limits, it is always a good idea to trigger a warning rather than a fatal error. For more information on handling errors, see the Handling Errors section later in this chapter. Normally, the oci_fetch function fetches the next row from the result data into the internal result buffer only. Then, you use the oci_result function to retrieve the value of the desired field in the fetched row. However, in this example you need not employ the oci_return function since you can access the fetched data through the PHP variables defined for fetches before executing the query.
As you have no doubt guessed, this step involves getting a connection to the database. [ 36 ] Chapter 2 As you saw in the Connecting to a Database section of Chapter 1, Oracle offers several methods for configuring connectivity information for client connections to an Oracle database server. In particular, you learned how to use the local naming and easy connect naming Oracle methods when connecting to Oracle from PHP. After a brief discussion of how to compose a connection string that can be used to connect to Oracle, this section discusses the OCI8 functions that are used to establish a connection itself.