By Rahul Sharma
NGINX is likely one of the most typical unfastened, open resource net servers. Its performance-oriented structure and small footprint makes it an incredible selection for high-traffic websites.
NGINX bargains nice functionality and optimum source usage to its directors. This sensible consultant walks you thru find out how to song one of many prime loose open resource net servers to realize optimum functionality for high-traffic websites. It additionally explores how one can increase community usage for prime loads.
The travel starts off with an outline of the NGINX structure. you'll construct and configure NGINX for optimum usage of the to be had. The publication demonstrates numerous practices to enhance final mile content material supply through the use of timeouts, caching, and compression. you will additionally observe a variety of unfastened open resource instruments to check and benchmark net server functionality, permitting you to make sure NGINX functionality at each step.
Read Online or Download Nginx High Performance PDF
Similar networking: internet books
I purchased this ebook in keeping with the raving studies I learn on Amazon from different clients, but if I got it i discovered a few significant matters. This booklet is a real and utter unhappiness for any intermediate or low-intermediate clothier.
- This booklet is intensely, super superseded. lots of the layout assistance date again to the time while IE five. five and six have been the innovative, and the examples are geared toward IE and Netscape Navigator clients! consequently, the ideas & innovations are almost lifeless now that IE 7 is usual, IE eight at the horizon, and FFox three approximately to be published.
- This ebook is full of statements resembling "PNG-8 and PNG-24 codecs have only in the near past bought complete aid from the main used-browsers, Netscape Navigator 6 and net Explorer 5"(pg 290). that is how outdated this book's assistance are.
DO purchase This publication. ..
- when you've got by no means equipped an online web page before
- if you would like the fundamentals to construct a private web content, a pastime website, a static website with lower than 10 pages and no performance except a mailto form.
- if you happen to do not brain construction your web site for essentially for IE users.
- for those who do not brain your online page having a look just like the Geocities websites of again in 1999.
DO now not purchase This Book.
- in case you understand how to type a paragraph utilizing CSS.
- when you have ever used an editor like Dreamweaver, or Adobe Golive, or maybe FrontPage.
- if you would like a domain with any kind of interactive performance like wikis, blogs, dialogue forums, etc.
- when you are conscious that the realm has moved on from Netscape Navigator 6.
In precis, i discovered this publication to be a huge pile of garbage. sooner or later, i'd strongly suggest by no means procuring an internet layout ebook that has been released greater than 1 or max 2 years ahead of your real date. Its 2008, do not buy whatever written sooner than 2006 so one can study simple website design. you are going to turn out squandering precious time, as I did.
Extra info for Nginx High Performance
You can add as many modules as you want. The NGINX official release does not support these modules, so make sure that you test the binaries before setting them up for production. If you are building from the mainline source, then modules relying on internal APIs can break while moving from one version to another. NGINX – the complete package Now that you know how to configure the available modules in NGINX, you may want to customize the binary as per your needs. While you are enabling/disabling modules, do make a note of all the libraries that NGINX will rely on.
The following sections list the ways and tools to benchmark your server: • Performance testing and baselines • Generating metrics using Siege • Generating metrics using Apache JMeter Performance testing The idea of performance testing is to put the system under pressure and determine various quality attributes, such as stability, responsiveness, and so on. These attributes can serve multiple purposes, such as the following: • Validating whether the application meets a criterion • Validating whether the system can perform in extreme conditions • Comparing different applications • Determining application bottlenecks • Performance tuning Thus, performance testing can serve a number of goals.
The following are the modes in which Siege can be executed: • Default: This is the default behavior of Siege. Basically, the test hits the URL from all simulated users. For every simulated user, the next hit will come after a default delay of 1 second. The time interval can be changed by modifying the delay property in the configuration file. • Benchmark: In this mode, the test engine neglects the delay and runs as fast as the server and the network allow it to. Every simulated user hits the next URL just after the previous one.