By Vern L. Katz MD, Gretchen M Lentz MD, Rogerio A. Lobo MD, David M Gershenson MD
Formerly edited by means of Drs. Droegemueller, Stenchever, Mishell & Herbst - this depended on and established reference presents entire, well timed, and straightforward entry to important details at the clinical and surgical concerns affecting cutting-edge day-by-day gynecology perform. that includes the clean views of 4 new editors, besides new participants, the textual content deals sensible, in-depth coverage...helpful illustrations - many new to this edition...and clinically orientated guidance...page after web page! Plus, entry the entire contents on-line, totally searchable at www.compgyn.com - so that you can locate speedy solutions from an location.
- Access state of the art assistance at the newest minimally invasive surgical techniques...the latest functions in diagnostic and interventional ultrasound...and many different crucial features of brand new perform.
- Access clean perform views from 4 new editors and new individuals.
- Effectively deal with the emotional features of the distinctiveness with certain new chapters masking rape * incest * and household violence, between others.
- Diagnose stipulations adequately with the visible relief of approximately 1,000 illustrations - together with greater than a hundred new full-color photos.
- Quickly locate the knowledge you would like with common positive aspects together with keywords, key issues, and using colour throughout.
- Exponentially strengthen your medical reference energy with entry to the entire contents on-line - absolutely searchable - in addition to all the illustrations to be used in digital displays. stopover at www.compgyn.com for details.
- Presents the paintings of 4 new affiliate editors and lots of new individuals who supply clean perform perspectives.
- Includes designated new chapters protecting rape Â· incest Â· family violence Â· and different hugely emotional features of the specialty.
- Features greater than a hundred new full-color pictures that assist you establish lesions and interpret pathologic findings.
- Provides extended fabric on menopause, reflecting the ever-increasing getting older sufferer population.
Read Online or Download Comprehensive Gynecology: Text with Online Access PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
A student-favorite assessment of the OB/GYN clerkship and education for the shelf examination now deals a CD-ROM that comes with the entire book's questions in an interactive, digital layout; present cures and strategies; a wealth of extra figures, tables, and inquiries to support scholars higher assimilate info; revised inquiries to extra heavily fit USMLE instructions; up to date case reports for convinced scientific determination making; and a brand-new bankruptcy on breast issues.
Wellbeing and fitness advertising in Midwifery explores the rules of health and wellbeing advertising in the useful context of midwifery. It basically outlines and discusses the midwife’s function in overall healthiness merchandising, making it crucial analyzing for all pupil and working towards midwives, in addition to scientific practitioners. Emphasizing the hyperlink among idea and perform, the second one variation accommodates chapters on household violence, sexual wellbeing and fitness, breastfeeding, and psychological overall healthiness merchandising.
The 1st, definitive textual content on lady sexual disorder, this significant new e-book summarizes the present physique of data within the box, lines the background of advancements within the sector, and identifies paintings nonetheless wanted sooner or later. Reflecting a multidisciplinary method of the topic, the booklet info the tools and fabrics for making sure the perfect administration of ladies with sexual illnesses, and concentrates at the presentation of evidence-based info about the body structure, pathophysiology, analysis and remedy of sexual functionality and disorder in ladies.
High-risk pregnancies current life-threatening demanding situations to 2 of your sufferers: the mum and her fetus. The direct, exemplary information in Protocols for High-Risk being pregnant permits you to -better comprehend your sufferers' stipulations -devise optimal administration techniques -maximize the end result and reduce the issues for either the mum and her fetus to augment scientific relevance, every one protocol is written as though the sufferer have been current.
Additional info for Comprehensive Gynecology: Text with Online Access
This FISH study revealed a translocation of a piece of material from chromosome 4 onto chromosome 1. (Courtesy of Lisa Shaffer, PhD, Washington State University). 48 Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. 49 Figure 2-9 Interphase FISH on amniotic fluid cells to screen for aneuploidy. ) Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. 49 50 Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. Figure 2-10 Example of FISH technology in the diagnosis of microdeletion syndromes. Here, standard karyotyping appears to be normal.
These membranes then rupture, opening the vulva and the anal canal. Failure of the anal membrane to rupture gives rise to an imperforate anus. With the opening of the urogenital membrane, a urethral groove forms on the undersurface of the phallus, completing the undifferentiated portion of external genital development. 30 Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. 31 Differences between male and female embryos can be noted as early as the ninth week, but the distinct final forms are not noted until 12 weeks' gestation ( Fig.
43 44 Katz: Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th ed. create recombinant DNA. Benign base pair changes at cut sites that alter the recognition site of a restric-tion endonuclease will result in a change in the fragment size generated. Mutations within a gene or near a gene can also alter the recognition sites of restriction endonucleases, which will generate an altered length of DNA fragment containing the gene of interest. These restriction fragment length polymorphisms (RFLPs) can be used to follow the transmission of a gene in a family.