By Robert I Yufit, David Lester
Present and accomplished info about the evaluation and therapy of suicidal folks and the prevention of suicidal habit
The 8th major reason behind demise within the usa and the second one top reason between U.S. youth, suicide is exclusive in being self-inflicted and is, as such, usually preventable. by way of assessing the danger of suicide safely, supplying powerful therapy in response to this threat, and enforcing concepts opposed to suicidal urges, psychological future health execs can effectively advisor their consumers clear of this mindless taking of lifestyles.
Assessment, therapy, and Prevention of Suicidal habit presents the most up-tp-date and entire resource of data, instructions, and case experiences for operating with consumers vulnerable to suicide. It bargains clinicians, counselors, and different psychological future health pros a pragmatic toolbox on 3 major parts of curiosity:
- Screening and evaluate covers empirically dependent overview concepts and the way they could outline dimensions of vulnerability and degree the chance of self-destructive habit. Authors speak about study at the use of every screening tool, instructions and proposals for utilizing the device in perform, and a case learn illustrating its application.
- Intervention and therapy compares a number of varied methods for structuring psychotherapy with suicidal consumers. every one writer covers a psychotherapy procedure, its program to suicidal consumers, and a case examine of its real-world use.
- Suicide and Violence explores the connection among suicidal members and violence, masking suicide in particular contexts reminiscent of university violence, police confrontations, and terrorist violence. This part additionally contains a dialogue of the elevated danger of suicide in our extra insecure and violent global, in addition to how topromote coping types for those new anxieties.
While addressed as a rule to psychologists, social employees, and different psychological well-being execs to be used in serving their consumers, in addition to scholars of psychology, evaluate, remedy, and Prevention of Suicidal habit can be an available and helpful source for educators, institution counselors, and others in similar fields.
Read or Download Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention of Suicidal Behavior PDF
Best mental health books
A realistic consultant for choosing and using consequence review measures professional recommendation comprises case examples, callout containers, and "Test your self" questions comfortably formatted for fast reference Use final result measures to make sure efficient therapy for consumers necessities of final result review presents an important information regarding deciding on and administering end result evaluation measures, gathering and analyzing info, and utilizing end result details in perform.
Around the globe, an unlimited variety of teenagers and kids be afflicted by psychological and neurological problems and just a small share of them obtain sufficient care. this is often so in either constructing and built international locations. the necessity to bring up know-how approximately this challenge and supply particular suggestion relating to their prevention and remedy used to be pointed out as a concern for the area Psychiatric organization via Professor Ahmed Okasha in the course of his Presidency of the organization and led to the construction of his Presidential Programme on baby psychological overall healthiness.
Even if you're a newly clinically determined sufferer, a chum, or a relative of somebody with anorexia nervosa, or if you happen to easily desire to achieve a greater figuring out of this , a hundred Questions and solutions approximately Anorexia Nervosa bargains support. This booklet deals a whole advisor to realizing the factors of anorexia, symptoms and prognosis, and sensible feedback on tips to aid family being affected by anorexia in addition to the treatments on hand.
Specialists from the VA nationwide middle for PTSD supply an important source for provider contributors, their spouses, households, and groups, sharing what troops rather event in the course of deployment and again domestic. Pinpointing the most typical after-effects of conflict and providing options for troop reintegration to lifestyle, Drs.
- Evidence-Based Herbal and Nutritional Treatments for Anxiety in Psychiatric Disorders
- The Psychology of Group Aggression
- Healing ADD: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD (Revised Edition)
- Be Who You Want Have What You Want
- Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention of Suicidal Behavior
- Bariatric Surgery: Psychosocial Assessment and Treatment
Extra info for Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention of Suicidal Behavior
Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 59, 394–399. , Jang, S. , Smyth, N. , & Linehan, M. M. (1994). Fewer reasons for staying alive when you are thinking of killing yourself: The Brief Reasons for Living Inventory. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 16, 1–13. Jobes, D. , Eyman, J. , & Yufit, R. I. (1995). How clinicians assess suicide risk in adolescents & adults. Crisis Intervention, 2, 1–12. Jobes, D. , & Hustead, L. (1997). Assessment and treatment of suicidal clients in a university counseling center.
1981). Assessment of suicide. In P. ), Advances in psychological assessment (Vol. 5, pp. 124–190). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. Farberow, N. , & MacKinnon, D. R. (1974a). A suicide prediction schedule for neuropsychiatric hospital patients. Journal of Nervous and Mental Diseases, 158, 408–419. 24 Screening and Assessment Farberow, N. , & MacKinnon, D. R. (1974b). Prediction of suicide in neuropsychiatric hospital patients. In C. ), Psychological assessment of suicidal risk (pp. 186–224). Springfield, IL: Charles C.
D. (1984). Lethality of Suicide Attempt Rating Scale. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, 14, 215–242. , & Youngman, W. F. (1968). Assessment of suicide risk in attempted suicides. In H. L. ), Suicidal behaviors: Diagnosis and management (pp. 190–197). Boston: Little, Brown. Westefeld, J. , Kiel, J. , & Scheel, K. (1996a). The College Student Reasons for Living Inventory: Additional psychometric data. Journal of College Student Development, 37, 348–351. Westefeld, J. , Kiel, J. , & Scheel, K.